Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Blew out everything I could get to, it seems the whole pcv system was badly neglected by I DONT KNOW HOW MANY previous owners.Every hose I look in has this dirty mayonaise looking crap in it. I'm a novice at mechanics, but determined to learn and do as much on this build as I can, not send it to the garage, open up wallet and say do it.That said all advice will be happily accepted, should I just start replacing hoses?:Thanx:

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
If your PVC or vacuum lines are clogged with what you describe replace them. Take some samples to the parts house to get the right sizes and get a couple of inches extra for sure. But then we have to determine how they got that way. What you describe leads me to believe that there is moisture or water mixing with the oil. So check the oil and see what you find. If the same looking stuff is up in the valve cover which you probably should remove then there is an issue it may have been from old age not neglect just PO didn't know.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
done the oil change, oil was dirty, but clean, no contaminates.I've read alot off causes in the forums for this, from sitting for a long time to headgasket being bad.This jeep came with a 2.5 Carburated engine, now has 2.5 TBI.When I asked the previous owner what the red button in the middle of th dash was for he told me it was a primer for the old engine.Sound right to you?Thanks for all the help!!The oil cap is clean, I ran my finger around the inside of the valve cover and looked inside with a light no dirty mayo stuff to be found

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Great news and yes the red button for the carb I understand. IT can go to the museum. Happy wheelin!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
red button

Thanks for the reply, I've looked at the owners manual and haynes, neither manual shows it.Please check new post on dirty mayo stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts