Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Well, here's a pic of the YJ before and after. I put my bodylift on and slapped some 33" Super Swampers on it. Looks more like a Jeep now, I like it.

On to the questions. I want to do an engine swap as I live a mile from home and I have no issue either walking, riding my bicycle, or catching a ride from someone to work. I know my way around a Ford 302 motor pretty well and can probably get one for free. Are there any benefits to the Chevy 350 instead of the 302 aside from the obvious displacement difference?
I've got axles waiting to go in along with the engine. Another question is, how tough is it to slap a Ford transmission onto the Jeep? If I need hardcore welding and stuff (I'm sure for the motor mounts it'll be needed, but I have an Arch welder so that shouldn't be too much of a problem) underneath the car?

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
i've seen it done. the 350 is so popular cuz of the aftermarket support, and the reputation, reliability and power. 302 is almost as good in all those areas. it wouldn't be too hard.

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
302 has a long snout on the waterpump, that i would think would make it a little tougher to stick in.......i think 302 swap was topic of the month or somehting on pirate way back when......might be worth finding if you decide to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts