Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who signed the petition, thank you! I recently submitted signatures and comments to III Corps, the garrison command for Fort Hood. Much to my surprise, they were actually receptive and we now have a dialogue. They will be reviewing the ability of the post to re-open the training areas to off-roading and will be keeping me in the loop during their decision process. I will be updating all petition signers via email, so if you want to stay in the loop, please go ahead and sign!

https://www.change.org/petitions/fort-hood-texas-reopen-training-areas-for-full-sized-4x4-s

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
TJG, thanks for the effort. Please continue with the updates.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We broke 1,000 signatures this morning and still going!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Done.

Texas Jeep Girl - have ypu put this on the Military Jeepers Forum in the Fort Hood Thread? I don't recall seeing it on there.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fort Hood has been reviewing the proposal and a local news station picked up on it from elsewhere on the internet. They submitted an inquiry with Fort Hood as to why the heck this isn't happening, so we will see what kind of response comes of it. A little media pressure could be a good thing!

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
TJG, thanks for the update.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
This is awesome. Hopefully it gets opened by the time I get back from Afghanistan.
Thanks for your service. Come home safe and soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts