Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at new front and rear shackles, wondering if anyone has a set they absolutely love?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just got 1-1/4 inch lift shackles and I love them, got good lift and the ride is so much nicer. I
Got non greasable and they work great.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Thats a nice looking company :) to bad they dont make YJ bumpers :/

·
Registered
147 Posts
Will the shackles give just a little boost to help out with 32's and save a penny pincher from buying a lift?

·
Registered
783 Posts
you don't need longer shackles for most "real" lifts! I have the 2.5 inch ome leafs, they do the lift part. are you looking for a strictly shackle lift? If so id advise against it... for every 2 inches longer at the shackle you will get 1 inch in lift.... so if you have 8 inch shackles (I used to have) you only get 2 inches of lift. because its double what the stocks are and the leaf to frame connection is fixed so you'll divide by 2! so 8 inch shackles (which are pretty awful) give you a 2 inch shackle lift!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Need both sports bars for a 1991 wrangler yj. The ones that go from windshield to roll bar? I need a good jeep junk yard. Also, i need to know if another year or model will fit my 91. Thanks

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
I'm running M.O.R.E. Greasable Boomerang Shackles on the front and I love them. I have the rear ones as well, but haven't gotten around to installing them. They're just under $100 a set and absolutely worth the money. 5/8" zinc plated steel, greasable bushings and quality components. I fully recommend them. Here they are in the front...

image-3232324129.jpg

image-1871217898.jpg

·
Registered
783 Posts
I agree cave... dwebb look up jeeprepublic in Denver! those guys can get everything (bit off topic though)! I still say don't to w the shackle lift! you will regret it! heavy duty springs!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry, thanks for your patience with me, i am new and have no idea how to start a conversation or ask a general question to all readers. But hopefully will learn as i go along. Again sorry to but in but thanks for the information.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So with 2-1/2" lift springs- If I change my rear shackles with the RC 1-1/4" boomerangs that will give me a total of 3-3/4" lift in the rear?

Will that cause any driveline problems?

·
Registered
90 Posts
The reason I ask is after my 2.5" lift 6 months ago, it looks to me
Like my rear end is a bit lower than the front now.
Can I get by without changing the front shackles?

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I plan on using Waggy springs, and with thoise and the RC shackles it will put me back to around my existing height (3.5" Lift springs from a older Dick Cepek lift kit that is no longer available, I will miss the military wrap theese springs have...)...

I have had this plan for a while, so had a quick link on my desktop for it.

Refrence:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f8/wagoneer-springs-on-yj-stretch-and-lift-118858.html
Ill be keeping my YJ spring under... and I already have TJ flares and I already opened my wheel wells to match...

If you do get Boomerangs, mount them correctly:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f8/right-position-for-boomerangs-143064.html

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
cavediverjc said:
I'm running M.O.R.E. Greasable Boomerang Shackles on the front and I love them. I have the rear ones as well, but haven't gotten around to installing them. They're just under $100 a set and absolutely worth the money. 5/8" zinc plated steel, greasable bushings and quality components. I fully recommend them. Here they are in the front...
I'm sorry...I wrote 5/8" instead of 3/8"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts