Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
Haven't posted in a while...
I've decided (well my wife has ok'd it actually) to upgrade my jeep (2012 Jk Sport)....After a bunch of research, here's what I've decided upon for step 1 this spring:
-295/70/r17 Duratracs on stock wheels
-1.5" Spridertrax spacers
-Teraflex leveling kit 1inch rear, 2 inch front.
-Shocks- Help please! Any suggestions out there? Are front and rear shocks for a 2012 the same?

I've budgeted around 3500$ for the upgrade (parts and labour) is this reasonable?
Anyone out there running this setup?
Love the help thanks all!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Front and rear shocks are different. I recommend Bilstein 5100s.

The DuraTracks are a good choice.

·
Registered
76 Posts
With that budget, I'd get an actual lift kit, not spacers.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
he said that was for parts and labor. I’m assuming he’s not be doing the mods himself, so between labor, tires, and spacers, there isn’t much left IMHO to do much of a lift and also get shocks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
There may be the opportunity to pick up a lightly used set of springs & shocks off a Rubicon. Their owners are often changing their suspension, that setup should give you around an inch lift

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
86,902 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
he said that was for parts and labor. I’m assuming he’s not be doing the mods himself, so between labor, tires, and spacers, there isn’t much left IMHO to do much of a lift and also get shocks.
Other than tires, nothing he's doing requires paying someone else to do it. It's all removing a bolt, replace a part, replace the bolt.

For $3500 he could have tires and a nice lift, if he's willing to turn a wrench, or have friends that'll help turn them if he buys lunch.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
While I certainly agree, that’s not the impression I got from the OP is all I’m saying.

Reactions: gravitywell

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have the leveling kit and spidertrax spacers. Still have the 265/70s it came with but will go with 285/70s this summer when the KO2s finally wear out.

Would love to hear opinions on shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would consider RockTrix wheels instead of spacers. They are priced reasonably and are hubcentric if that type of thing matters to you. The 295s are Load Range E which might be a little too much for a 2 door. I was able to get the Teraflex ST1 installed with Falcon 2.1 shocks and an alignment for under $1600. I got a nice amount of lift from it that I think looks perfect on my 2 door.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would consider RockTrix wheels instead of spacers. They are priced reasonably and are hubcentric if that type of thing matters to you. The 295s are Load Range E which might be a little too much for a 2 door. I was able to get the Teraflex ST1 installed with Falcon 2.1 shocks and an alignment for under $1600. I got a nice amount of lift from it that I think looks perfect on my 2 door.

To clarify... my wheels are not Rocktrix. I ended up getting Venomrex wheels and the tires are 285/70R17 because I wanted the Load Range C.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts