Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. We’re considering making some changes to the Sahara (with 3.73 axles) and need advice. What we want is to do a Teraflex ST1 lift with shocks and a rear locker. I could probably do the lift in my garage but am considering having a shop do both.

The only options in metro Denver I know of are 4WP and Northridge. Any advice on either or a better suggestion? I have bought parts at both and did have 4WP put new BFG’s on recently.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I say do the lift yourself in yourself. You can save money, get to know your jeep better, and it is more gratifying to do the work yourself. Take the money you save and put it to the locker install.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I say do the lift yourself in yourself. You can save money, get to know your jeep better, and it is more gratifying to do the work yourself. Take the money you save and put it to the locker install.
I’ll probably do that. My friend did his own spacer install and shocks; this is basically the same thing, only more expensive. Who would you recommend for the locker install?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Northridge runs specials and I would check them out. look online for independent shops that have high ratings talk to them and find out how many they have installed.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I used Northridge for my gear swap. Great customer service, fast, and had no issues with it since.Been about 5 months since work was done.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Edge Automotive in Sheridan/Englewood. They do a ton of regears each month. They charge somewhere around $80/90 an hour. I know of two rigs that had shims fall out due to improper backlash and NorthRidge and 4wp did their install.

Reactions: jadmt

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
High Country 4x4 is good and usually extremely busy...have used them several times. I have heard good things about Edge, but never used them. I would use HC4x4 in a heartbeat and would go to Edge as well. Nobody else...especially not Bach Crawlers near Palmer Lake (though that is out of the metro are).

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forgot about this thread. We went with Core Off-road in Englewood after a couple trail friends recommended them. They did a great job and I’ll be going back, for sure. We went with a TF 2.5” Sport ST2 lift with Falcon 3.1 shocks. The shocks are stiffer than I had hoped.

Attachments

Reactions: tworley

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Bad experience?
Yeah, the worst ever! High Country 4x4 and ROKMEN (amazing guys) had to correct all the welding and install issues. They were pretty aghast at the install issues and the low-quality welding. It was really shoddy work and the welding process was so bad that it warped my Cs bigtime. Heck, even the Jeep shop in Moab was taken aback. I had to go to them since I had bolts making contact with stuff so he had not done any articulation to check for contact like he said he would. It was so awful and so expensive, that I practically gave up on Jeeps. He even installed my AEV front bumper incorrectly so we had to take it out and reinstall after finding it was missing bolts as well. We could visually see that it was sticking too far out.

·
Registered
424 Posts
It was so awful and so expensive, that I practically gave up on Jeeps.
Did you actually give up? Hope not...

I bought a used part off them through Craigslist. Didn't know it was a shop until I got there. They seemed decent but I see they have quite a few negative reviews on line. Didn't intend to use them for service either way. Just curious about your experience.

Aside from gears and locker I've been able to do everything myself so far. Saved some cash and learned a lot about my Jeep.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Pete Bach is a great guy to talk to and can talk an awesome game...I will give him that much credit. I don't think he is a crook at all but he does seriously shoddy work and at least back then, had a lot of pressures he was dealing with in the business. That is probably the only way he stays in business...his ability to sound competent and he is a friendly guy. I don't dislike him (even though he cost me thousands) but I'd never do business with him in any respect.

I bought another Jeep- my white 2014 JKUR. I had a support group (plus ROKMEN) who convinced me to stick around. I was brand new to Jeeping back then so it was stressful. You're doing it the right way. Working on your own Jeep is the best! Doing the gears and locker yourself is fantastic. I could not do that unless I had someone experienced guiding me. I just do the basic stuff.

·
Registered
412 Posts
High Country 4x4 is good and usually extremely busy...have used them several times. I have heard good things about Edge, but never used them. I would use HC4x4 in a heartbeat and would go to Edge as well. Nobody else...especially not Bach Crawlers near Palmer Lake (though that is out of the metro are).
High Country screwed up a ring and pinion on me years ago. Its so hard finding a good shop that does quality work anymore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts