Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I found a 730N RHR locally out of a 2012 JK for $300.00.

At that price, it sounds like a no-brainer to upgrade from my 130 RES.
My current 130 already has U-Connect, Sirius, Anti-Theft, etc.

I need to know exactly what I would need to swap this.

Is it plug & play or will I need something else?

Do I need a security code on the 730N?

I currently have a Sirius radio subscription. Any problems there?

Do I need anything from a jeep dealer?

Any other accessories?

Any info much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I see some other 730N RHR units for sale, but they say they will NOT work in Jeep Wranglers, but they say they will work in some other jeep and Chrysler vehicles.

Any idea why this is?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Radio bus speed.

Chrysler has hi speed canbus and low speed canbus.

JK's need a hi speed bus radio.

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you havn't already figured it out, i just did this mod myself. went from RES to RHR was pretty much plug and play as my unit came with the allgig harness. You'll need the unlock code and Also i reused my original mic that came in my A-pillar by changing the pinout of the old plug.

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you havn't already figured it out, i just did this mod myself. went from RES to RHR was pretty much plug and play as my unit came with the allgig harness. You'll need the unlock code and Also i reused my original mic that came in my A-pillar by changing the pinout of the old plug.
I just upgraded from the 130 to 730n, and now it doesn't recognize voice commands. Do I have to do something to get the a-pillar mic working on this? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
I just upgraded from the 130 to 730n, and now it doesn't recognize voice commands. Do I have to do something to get the a-pillar mic working on this? Thanks.

I am assuming you have the Connectivity Package, that gave you uConnect Phone function with your 130?

If so, jeep reading...

The Connectivity Package adds an external uConnect Phone module, to the 130, 130S, 430, and 430N head units. However, the 730N has uConnect Phone built-in, and doesn't use (can't use) the external module. My initial guess is that you need to (1) remove the external uConnect module and (2) unplug the mic connection from the now removed uConnect module and plug it directly into the 730N.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys, I found a 730N RHR locally out of a 2012 JK for $300.00.

At that price, it sounds like a no-brainer to upgrade from my 130 RES.
My current 130 already has U-Connect, Sirius, Anti-Theft, etc.

I need to know exactly what I would need to swap this.

Is it plug & play or will I need something else?

Do I need a security code on the 730N?

I currently have a Sirius radio subscription. Any problems there?

Do I need anything from a jeep dealer?

Any other accessories?

Any info much appreciated! Thanks!

How did everything go and did you have to do anything special? What did you use to get the rear camera to work? Looking to do the same with my 14.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts