Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I drive a 2 door Jeep Sport JK.
I was able to pick up 2013 stock 4 door Rubicon springs and red bilstein shocks for a great deal. I was informed i could get a 1.5 inch - 2 inch lift off of this until i can afford to get the full kit i want. :) . I was curious if anyone else has ever did this and if there is any tips or things to watch out for as i do it?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
There are dozen's of threads discussing this including one active one.

How much lift you get depends on which coils you have vs which how which ones you got. Look at the part numbers front and rear on both sets of coils and use threads for guidance. The larger that last two digits the stiffer the coils. 1.5" is certainly possible.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
I doubt you get 2" but 1.5 is doable. I would vote to throw in a Teraflex spacer leveling kit and your Jeep will probably be about 2". It will definitely be bigger than stock and look great with some 33's.

-Dan

·
Registered
180 Posts
I recently installed 19/60 springs on my 2door with the taraflex leveling kit and wasn't really happy with the results, the jeep became extremely twitchy going down the road. I went back to my 13/55's and was much happier with the ride. I will put the 19/60 springs back on without the leveling kit when I get my new front and rear bumpers and a winch.

·
Super Moderator
53,763 Posts
I recently installed 19/60 springs on my 2door with the taraflex leveling kit and wasn't really happy with the results, the jeep became extremely twitchy going down the road. I went back to my 13/55's and was much happier with the ride. I will put the 19/60 springs back on without the leveling kit when I get my new front and rear bumpers and a winch.
You prob dropped your caster spec.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts