Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendation about upgrading the seats on my 14' 2-drs JK. Wife have been complaining for awhile now about the seat and how uncomfortable it is during long road trip and I am just thinking about replacing the passenger...and no I am not going to upgrade the wife. She is a keeper.

·
Registered
671 Posts
What about the seat is uncomfortable?

Maybe a thin foam pad can help?
I've looked at seats, but mainly for air conditioning, and boy are they expensive.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I sat in a Sparco once that made me smile.

You might try 4WheelParts; the bigger stores will have a few popular seats in them to "try on". But they are very fit-dependent. What works for me at 6'5" wouldn't work for her.

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
Look into Ohio Diesels front seat recline kit.
I have been very happy since I modified their kit.

2,795 Posts
Any recommendation about upgrading the seats on my 14' 2-drs JK. Wife have been complaining for awhile now about the seat and how uncomfortable it is during long road trip and I am just thinking about replacing the passenger...and no I am not going to upgrade the wife. She is a keeper.

The most comfortable are going to be the corbeau or Mastercraft but we have installed them all.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts

The most comfortable are going to be the corbeau or Mastercraft but we have installed them all.
They make them in assorted sizes too, right? My problem with some high-end seats is that they don't accommodate widebodies. I'm NFL-sized with a huge back and some seats are made for little Italian guys....
Same goes for the girls. They need a seat that cuddles them and they won't flap around in.

Reactions: IndyRubicon17
2,795 Posts
They make them in assorted sizes too, right? My problem with some high-end seats is that they don't accommodate widebodies. I'm NFL-sized with a huge back and some seats are made for little Italian guys....
Same goes for the girls. They need a seat that cuddles them and they won't flap around in.

Most of them make a "wide" seat. It is on Corbeaus website as well.

Any questions please let us know.

Austin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Late post, but we went with a Katzkin Leather upgrade kit. Shop also added extra dense foam in lumbar and butt areas, including heat kit ! Now we have no pain, very comfortable, even on long drives !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts