Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings y'all!

Just picked up my '12 JK 2door and it's beautiful. First mod that came to mind was getting after market wheels with 33x12.5 Duratracs. The only thing I can't figure out is which wheels? I'm looking for 15x8's and am torn between MB72's or Level 8 Trackers. what do you guys think?

Any advice, comments or concerns are appreciated!

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
MBs are probably the lightest 15x8 available. Not 100% sure on this though.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
DTD actually lists the shipping weight for both of those wheels as 20 lbs. So if they are different as all, it isn't much. The one thing to keep in mind is the Tracker has a backspace of 3.32", meaning it will protrude from the fender almost a half inch further than the MB72s, which have 3.75" of backspace.

Personally, I prefer the styling of the Tracker over the MB72. Only reason I haven't already ordered them is because of the above mentioned backspacing. A member here is receiving his Tracker/Duratrac setup and will be posting up some pics. I'm holding off on ordering until then. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ESP, I really like your wheel/tire combo. It gives your jeep a nice squat to it. How do you like the back spacing on the MB's?

4fit, I too am leaning towards the Trackers and the less BS is persuading me. Who is the other member, if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
AC94 said:
ESP, I really like your wheel/tire combo. It gives your jeep a nice squat to it. How do you like the back spacing on the MB's?

4fit, I too am leaning towards the Trackers and the less BS is persuading me. Who is the other member, if you don't mind my asking?
Here is the thread. I also posted a couple pics I found of a JK with the 15" Trackers.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/what-do-you-call-it-137311.html

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Much thanks 4fit, I'm in the same boat as you. Just waiting for pics so I can pull the trigger.

Happy waiting

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Trust me, as soon as I can get the wheels an tires on, I'll post em up. Can't sleep, like a kid at Christmas time.
:thumb: I'm holding you to that! lol

I have made up my mind that I WILL be ordering my wheels/tires no later than Tuesday! Hoping they will arrive on Friday.:D Of course, I have to decide on a wheel first.:banghead:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
:thumb: I'm holding you to that! lol

I have made up my mind that I WILL be ordering my wheels/tires no later than Tuesday! Hoping they will arrive on Friday.:D Of course, I have to decide on a wheel first.:banghead:

I think your rig would look awesome with 24" chromies. :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts