Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I have a question about upgrading to better off road tires. I have a 2012 Sahara unlimited and the tires that are on it are okay but not nearly aggressive enough. The thing is they only have 7,000 miles on them so I feel I should wait to upgrade what do you guys think?

·
Registered
90 Posts
A lot depends on where, and how much, you drive it off road.
Are you airing down.... makes a big difference!

I will say I love my Cooper STT's. When aired down to 12 psi, they handle rocks - well, sand - very well, mud - as well as any.
On the road they are quiet below 50 mph.

Unfortunately, And surprisingly to me, used tires never bring what they should for price. Unless you are doing serious rack crawling and very difficult trails, I don't really believe tread makes as big a difference as say....driving skill! :)

RJ

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome guys thanks! Mainly I would be driving on trails and a good bit of mud, no rocks where I'm at. The stock Bridgestone duelers are 32". Does size matter as well?

·
Registered
224 Posts
You can listen to us tell you what do to all day long but in the end, get what you think looks awesome, has good wear and life! And remember... All your comrades here will support ya!

:cough: Cooper, Nitto, Good Year :cough:

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
I just took off a brand new full set of 33x12.5R15 BF Goodrich All Terrains on MB72 matte black alloy wheels. All five tires are 3 weeks old, in pristine condition, and all have 100% tread life left. They are for sale here locally in NC. PM me if you'd like some pictures of them or more info. :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just picked up a 2013 Jk and 2 weeks later its done. Wheels, tires, bumper etc etc.
My theory...Do it up now. That way you can enjoy it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts