Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm getting ready to replace my tj's radiator and was wondering what you all suggest.

is the second radiator in this link a good choice?
OPTION Automatic or Manual Transmission, 3 ROW HEAVY DUTY ALL METAL REPLACEMENT
http://www.radiatorbarn.com/s7.asp?...model=ALL+MODELS&engine_size=ALL+ENGINE+SIZES
and it says all metal but doest say what type of metal it is, im guessing its copper....?

Thanks for any help,
-Matt

·
Registered
973 Posts
I need to get a new one too. Ive looked into em a little bit and the best one I have found is by SCF imports. DPG offroad offers it, but i talked to dirk today and he dosent know when he's getting anymore in. At $165 + the quality of the product, I will be waiting til he gets some more. just my $.02

·
Registered
978 Posts
That one should serve you just fine. I replaced mine recently because it was practically bleeding fluid. :p

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
I have the two row in mine, as I read someplace the two row cools better than the three. Got mine from the place in your link. Works just fine.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Got mine through my mechanic so I don't know where it came from. It's aluminum. Works just fine so far, after a year. All metal is better than plastic.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
got mine through the radiatorbarn site works great. all metal (allum) 2row. jerry (I think, maybe Mr. C) was the one who suggested getting the 2 row, said that the 3 just wasn't worth it that the 2 would work just fine, and so far it has done its job better than I expected. quick and easy install and it came in about a week or a little over but all and all very satisfied.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts