Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Priced out the upgrades for a full set from DTD and they gave me a good deal - just waiting to pull the trigger! Just want to get a feel for opinions on my choices:

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct
Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct

I know Duratracs are well-reviewed, and this combo should fit my stock JK Sport S (came with 17's). I'm seen a fair amount of Level 8's in build photos as well - but does anyone care to weigh in on how they perform?

2nd question - how much do you think I could ask for my current full set of stock wheels/tires? They're 17's with ~3400 miles on them, so they're in great shape and look nice - no scratches or other damage.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's actually between the Duratracs and Cooper A/T3. I've heard the Goodyears can be a nightmare to balance, and the Cooper wear much better anyway. I don't do anything crazy off the road, and since it's also my DD I'm trying to get a good mixed use tire that performs in the winter.
Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

·
Registered
31 Posts
I really like the looks of those rims.

As for the tires - boils down to personal preference. I went with Nitto Terra Grapplers because I don't do mud either if I can help it (P285/70-17, they list at 33 but actual measurement under the Jeep's load worked out to 31.75" on my JK). Running 3.21 gears, it's a little sluggish off the line and now runs at 2000 RPM @ 75 MPH. Does not appear to have really affected my MPG but I am still checking that. Look at the difference in weight as well as tread pattern to help determine which you might prefer more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts