Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Teraflex ST3 kit on my JKU a month or so ago and keep getting these creeks when going over bumps and when initially accelerating from a dead stop. I have found the source of the sound but don't know how to stop it. It is the bolt with the flag/retainer that goes through the frame for the upper control arms the retainer keeps clocking back to the frame instead of riding in the middle. What can I do to stop it? I have turned them and it goes away for awhile but eventually works its way back to the backside. Are the bolts not tight enough? Has anyone else had this problem with it moving?

·
Super Moderator
23,435 Posts
Are you using a torq wrench? These need to be 120 ft/lbs

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i just retroqued them (i thought it was 125lbs though) but how do i keep it from touching the frame?There's no way to keep it from spinning against the frame when tightening

·
Super Moderator
23,435 Posts
It’s supposed to rest against the frame that has never been an issue on any I have done. Yes 125 is good.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe i was just being too cautious when originally installing and tried to keep it in the middle from rubbing and left it too loose. Thanks.
I did 125 this morning but you said 120 which is it?

·
Super Moderator
23,435 Posts
125 is good

·
Super Moderator
23,435 Posts
Reactions: Armenjunior

·
Super Moderator
23,435 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
This is for the upper rear. ill drive it some more after retorqueing and see if it had just loosened itself and I didn't catch it

125 if it’s the upper rears. Can be a little tight getting a torque wrench in there. If it’s loosening, it’s probably not torqued enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah i drove it last night and today. Didn't make any noise today, yes a torque wrench and socket is about all it can handle in there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts