Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My soft top is leaking somewhere above the drivers seat near the B-Pillar. Water is running from the B pillar along the roll bar to roughly halfway to the A pillar. It's also running down the B pillar and soaking the carpet behind the drivers seat. I've read that people sometimes have leaks through their floor drains so its possible that thats the cause of the wet carpet but definitely doesn't explain the roll bar. The passenger side seems to be fine.

It isn't the doors leaking because the roll bars are above the doors, and my hard top never leaked. I've got full steel doors - no half doors.

Anyone have any idea where/how its getting in and any ideas for fixes? Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So it looks like it's coming in through the seam that runs across the soft top where there's the two pieces of the soft top that Velcro around the frames' crossmember. I stuck my finger in the Velcro and water dripped right out. What can I use to seal up that seam? Is there a fabric spray sealant or something along those lines that exists?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts