Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ready to install all my new lights this weekend!!! Well except the fog lights they will go in when new bumpers get here next week 馃榿

Super Moderator
:thumb:

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
do you mind me asking how much those ran you? I'm considering swapping out my Truck Lites with those.
I got the headlights for 700 shipped with the anti flicker harnesses. I know they are pricey but from all the research I've done these seem to have the best beam pattern. Not knocking the other lights many are happy with them but I just feel I will be happier with these. I've read too many threads with people who are dissatisfied with the other led lights on the market and end up switching them out. Didn't wanna have that feeling. Everyone seems to love the JW's. From what I've read and seen on YouTube so I'm sure I will also.

Registered
@2012ArcticBeast ... if your jeep is lifted, be sure to turn the adjustment knob counterclockwise all the way to the max. you can also get the horizontal adjustment screws from 4wp (under $10 I believe) prior to install for better alignment. If not, you'll have a slight hotspot, but its not distracting as the trucklites.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
@2012ArcticBeast ... if your jeep is lifted, be sure to turn the adjustment knob counterclockwise all the way to the max. you can also get the horizontal adjustment screws from 4wp (under $10 I believe) prior to install for better alignment. If not, you'll have a slight hotspot, but its not distracting as the trucklites.
You think any adjustments will need to be made with just a leveling kit?

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
@2012ArcticBeast, yes. once your jeep is leveled, the beam pattern should be slightly higher. When I initially installed my JW Speaker headlights, I didn't adjust them and they were bad. Once adjusted, now I know why everyone raves about them.
well the leveling kit is already installed. how much adjustment you think will need to be done? shouldn't the housing stay put when u remove the headlight and the new one pop right in in the same position the old light was in?

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
@2012ArcticBeast very slightly. everything should be an easy install. the hard part for me was trying to install the anti flicker harness. it was a tight fit but with a lot of pressure, it will mate up to the oem harness.
So I got the JWS headlights, Recon blinkers and Recon fender lights installed(waiting on new bumper to do JWS fog lights). The ones I thought would be the most difficult i.e. the fender lights went the smoothest. Took me about 10 mins per side. Everything went pretty smoothly with the headlights just need some darkness to make adjustments lol. The blinkers went in easily as well until I hooked up the resistor that came built into the led bulb in the blinker and of course I have the hyper flash problem. Tried doing it several different ways to no avail. Took me an hour to install everything and spent an hour and a half trying to get rid if the damn hyper flash so I gave up and ordered these plug and play resistors form eBay in hopes that I'll have the same luck others have had with them.

JDM Astar 3157A LED Decoder Adapter Anti Hyper Blinking Flashing Error Canceller | eBay

Here are a few pics of what I installed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts