Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
694 Posts

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Any good trails you know of in the upstate?
Not really much legal in the upstate. But within an hour there are some good places. A good place with a bit of everything is in Lauren's called gulches. About 45 minutes from Greenville.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really much legal in the upstate. But within an hour there are some good places. A good place with a bit of everything is in Lauren's called gulches. About 45 minutes from Greenville.
I've heard of it. My jeep is pretty stock other than a cold air intake lol. Don't know if id be okay

·
Registered
235 Posts
Greenville in the house! (South side)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
N Main area of Greenville here. I'm more of a family fun/forest service roads kinda Jeeper than into real trails.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Yes. Your stock jk us capable of alot more than you realize.

I am with 4DC here. Your jeep stock can do more than you are probably willing to do with it. There are several clubs in the upstate that do rides almost every weekend.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
How would I be able to join one of these clubs?
Most of the clubs are on FaceBook..

I belong to most of them on there and each club offers a different experience, so I would recommend looking at a few to find the one that suits you best...

Palmetto4x4- website-Palmetto4x4.com- This a family friendly club with a lot of experienced riders that are well equipped. We do a lot of trail rides and park rides, will do a lot of difficult things, and usually trailer in a few jeeps during a group ride, so if you break, should be able to get you back home.

WickedJepps- They have chapters all over the east coast and relatively new to SC.

ULJC(upstate legends jeep club)- they do a lot of small trail rides, events, parades, etc. This is a pretty big group.

Greenville Jeep Club- They are mostly younger guys, they do a broad mix of trails and hard stuff as well.

Jeep Up- they are out the Anderson area- are a great group to ride with, super family friendly, do an event about once a month, usually a good ride for scenic areas and for all Jeeps.

There is also GVegas which is not really a club but a get together at Chiefs on Congaree Rd in Greenville once a month, I believe the 3rd Saturday.

There is also usually an event in Seneca, Anderson, and other places that happen once a month or every few months.

I would try to Join a few of the clubs to see what type of people are in them and see what suits you best.

I may have forgotten a club- so take a look at others, but the ones listed are groups that I ride or have ridden with on a regular basis.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Great post bsimon!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Most of the clubs are on FaceBook.. I belong to most of them on there and each club offers a different experience, so I would recommend looking at a few to find the one that suits you best... Palmetto4x4- website-Palmetto4x4.com- This a family friendly club with a lot of experienced riders that are well equipped. We do a lot of trail rides and park rides, will do a lot of difficult things, and usually trailer in a few jeeps during a group ride, so if you break, should be able to get you back home. WickedJepps- They have chapters all over the east coast and relatively new to SC. ULJC(upstate legends jeep club)- they do a lot of small trail rides, events, parades, etc. This is a pretty big group. Greenville Jeep Club- They are mostly younger guys, they do a broad mix of trails and hard stuff as well. Jeep Up- they are out the Anderson area- are a great group to ride with, super family friendly, do an event about once a month, usually a good ride for scenic areas and for all Jeeps. There is also GVegas which is not really a club but a get together at Chiefs on Congaree Rd in Greenville once a month, I believe the 3rd Saturday. There is also usually an event in Seneca, Anderson, and other places that happen once a month or every few months. I would try to Join a few of the clubs to see what type of people are in them and see what suits you best. I may have forgotten a club- so take a look at others, but the ones listed are groups that I ride or have ridden with on a regular basis.
Wow thanks a lot for all that. I'll definitely look into them

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Wow thanks a lot for all that. I'll definitely look into them
No problem! I always try to grow the local Jeep groups!

Hope to see you with one of the clubs and at one of the events! You can't miss my big Crush jeep with orange rim protectors ..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts