Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there, or has there ever been a movement for Urban offloading/crawling? I know there is the whole legality issues to it, but that aside, I wonder if people seek out urban offroad/crawling opportunities.

I ask because I live in the city (Buffalo), and the first thing I do when I pick up my Jeep is scale the retaining wall (hefty poured concrete wall) on the side of my property (hopefully missing my wife's flower beds in the process).

Silly, but I've always said to her "I'm gonna crawl right over that mo-fo and take some pics when I get a Jeep"

Also, back on topic, there are a ton of old rundown factories/grain-mills out here. I wonder if one couldn't get permission to go in and do some Urban off-roading if it were for a picture shoot or something?

Obviously I wouldn't suggest anything illegal, just more trying to see if there are opportunities to explore some of these old relics in the area and maybe find some great photo ops with the Jeep/Jeeps in action.

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
Consider that modern construction materials will have metal and stuff in it that will shred your tires.

What would be really interesting is a specifically -designed place in an urban area that makes use of urban debris to construct a dedicated offroad-like park or something.

That would get urban wheelers their fix, make constructive use of unused space and maybe make someone a couple of bucks in the bargain.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
By 2021, there will be only urban wheeling, but in designated "Non-redeemable Pollution" zones. :)

Might as well get a leg up...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
make someone a couple of bucks in the bargain.
That way the politico's could then dream a new tax on something and yap about all the jobs they created!!! (NOTE= not party specific)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
sort of like the artificial climbing walls for the mountaineers?

......I live rural.....good luck....

·
Registered
157 Posts
By 2021, there will be only urban wheeling, but in designated "Non-redeemable Pollution" zones. :)
That pretty much describes Washington, DC.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Don't forget large piles of Cord Wood (Fire wood ) , Sawdust piles at saw mills, crushed rock piles, piles of broken concrete, Compost piles....
Just a couple ideas if your looking for a place to play, with permission of coarse....

"BH"

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

Somebody was thinking about this...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts