Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using my JKU as a daily driver. I travel a good bit for work and have to drive through the mountains on curvy back roads. I have read threads about the Helwig bars but feel they may be overkill for what I am looking for.
I am trying to reduce some body roll but don't expect it to handle like a sports car.

There are several companies that sell Urethane (Frame) Sway bar bushings.
Anyone have any real world results using these?
I am not concerned with off road as I will disconnect if needed.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I am using my JKU as a daily driver. I travel a good bit for work and have to drive through the mountains on curvy back roads. I have read threads about the Helwig bars but feel they may be overkill for what I am looking for.
I am trying to reduce some body roll but don't expect it to handle like a sports car.

There are several companies that sell Urethane (Frame) Sway bar bushings.
Anyone have any real world results using these?
I am not concerned with off road as I will disconnect if needed.

Thanks in advance.
I think with the effort to take it apart you might as well get the Hellwig since it's relatively inexpensive as far as mods go, it has urethane bushings also. I doubt it would be overkill especially on a 4 door. I love it on my two door. Are you still running stock springs? If so, you will notice improved handling on the road.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running 10A/Recon Springs- 006AA front 009AA Rear, Stock Rubicon Shocks with Extensions and a Teraflex Leveling kit.

·
Premium Member
9,571 Posts
I would say no to urethane bushing on a daily driver just base on principle, brings to much road harshness to the cad. A larger sway bar but keep the rubber bushing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts