Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the headlights in my buddy's 93 YJ quit. I pulled the switch and did resistance checks to find which was parking lights, which was headlights. The parking light portion of the switch works, the headlight portion doesn't.

So we installed two toggles. And that worked, sorta. Either the parking lights would work and headlights wouldn't, or vice versa, or both would work but only for about 2 seconds. Jiggling the white plastic connector would affect it somewhat.

Now, I have the Haynes manual here, but the colors don't match up perfectly and there's not a good trace pattern shown.

The wires on the connector are as follows:

A: Black/Yellow Stripe
B: Green/White Stripe
C: Red/Orange Stripe
D: Green/No Stripe
E: Red/Pink Stripe
F: Blank

Can anyone please tell me what wires go to which so I can get the toggles set up properly and cut the stock plastic connector out entirely? Thanks in advance

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
A: BL/RD - goes to dimmer/radio illumination/tail lamps

B: BR/WT - goes high side dimmer switch

C: RD/OR - goes to fues #3

D: TN/BK - goes to low side dimmer switch

E: RD/WT - goes to fuse #8

At least thats what I can see in my book.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what the Haynes book said as well in terms of wiring, but not what the Jeep had.

After a little more work, I have the system working entirely, sans the FTP function, which I'm guessing is the black and yellow wire since it's the only one still on the connector and that function doesn't work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My headlights quit also about 6 months ago. I replaced the switch - $30 bucks at the dealer- and cleaned the plug out. Haven't had a problem since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts