Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys installing new rancho 9000xl shocks on my jeep and they can unassembled? Ordered the 29/30 and having trouble which ones are front and back. New to shocks so need as much help as i can! Also do i need to put my jeep on jack stands to install them? Thanks!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks. Quadratec sent me a RS999255 shock for the rear and the correct RS999330 shock for the rear. Bastards

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
The rears have the "bar" with the 2 holes on one end and the fronts have a "post" on top. The rears can be done in 15 minutes without lifting or removing anything. The fronts are easier when the wheel is removed.

The passenger side front needs to have some plastic removed to access the top shock mount. I used a dremel and it was like a knife through butter. Others use a pair of wire cutters and cut and break it off as they go around.

At about 1:00 in on this video they show the plastic cut.

http://youtu.be/wenQKdEukNw

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys thanks for your help. Since Quadratec sent me one wrong rear shock is it ok to install jus the front Ranchos and leave my bilsteins on the back? Is that going to hurt anything until I get the other rear shock?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys ill let y'all know how my front rancho rear bilstein set up rides XD

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually can I install the one right shock in the rear with a bilstein 5100? Save me some time for when the right shock shows up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts