Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys but 100 miles away from home. 05 Rubicon threw P0344 code this morning - could it be OPDA? Had oem replaced with crown about 500 miles ago - had to use the crown sensor because tech couldn't get the oem sensor off original (Jeep dealership replaced opda).

Will try to get oem off today from original - if not anyone have any thoughts? Jeep feels sluggish but still does 65mph OK, hoping I get home OK

·
Registered
92 Posts
Same thing happened to me after I replaced mine OPDA with the crown model. I have an '05 LJ and I oredered an OEM cam position sensor and installed it also but it still throws codes, so I have narrowed it down to the dreaded PCM failure. I can flash it and all is well for a few miles but the CEL will come back on and then I get the hard shifting and hard starting issues again. Let me refer you to this thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/1st-to-2nd-hard-shifts-when-cold-2006-lj-1755777.html

If you can please take a photo of your PCM so the OP can use it for his research. You may be suffering from the same thing all '05 & '06 wrangler owners are.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apologies for not following up sooner.

So, the reason I assumed it was the sensor from the new crown OPDA was knowing that the sensor that comes with crown has been known to throw codes. Issue being my OEM sensor on original OPDA was wedged / stuck on so hard that the mechanic at Jeep broke the tab. Took 30 minutes of playing with the sensor and original OPDA on a vice to finally get it off.

Changed the sensors out and boom, no more codes or check engine light. Unfortunately, makeshift solution without the original tab (pictured).

Going to track down an OEM sensor at junkyard as a backup - anyone have any experience with OEM junkyard OPDA sensors?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts