Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone - this is s great place to be.

Need your help with my daughter's 2007 rubicon (3.8Liter). Starter will not turn over engine. All worked well until we removed a CD stuck behind the glove box. Afterwards the the starter would not crank. However, we can hear the starter relay click when we turn the key to the start position. All lights work, keyless entry works. Can't figure out the
problem.
We disconnect and reconected the battery, checked all the fuses and clicked the unlock button on the remote key.
Daughter needs her jeep to leave for work and my own car is down for he count.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
George

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CORRECTION TO ABOVE: The Rubicon worked great during my daughter's trip to the shopping center. When starting (started OK) the jeep on the return trip, the radio stopped working. Out of frustration, she pushed all the buttons on the center dash. Later after arriving home, she turn the igmition switch on to te aux position and the radio played - BUT the engine wouldn't (and still doesn't) crank. The removal to the glove box was to find a possible additional fuse panel wich apparently has nothing todo with the "no crank" problem. Am really confused now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
New battery, it's time if that's the original.
And it's probably pissed that it had to go to the mall yet again!! I know mine wouldn't like it either

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery is almost band new (thought it might be discharged but was fully charged according to batteery charger), good clean connections including starter. Headlights are bright - don't think it is the battery or wiring connections.
Thanks,
George

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It could very well be pissed for the mall trip - except for Adancd auto parts you couldn't drag me here.
George

Edit
Didn't try bridging the starter solenoid - don't know if that would have a negative impact o the system computer or not.

·
Registered
315 Posts
both wires going to starter good and tight? I had similar issues on my pt cruiser back in the day due to a loose ground cable on the starter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes. Starter/battery connections are clean and tight - just like new.
I think it's a computer or security type problem but don't know how to reset whatever device is causing the problem. We have the battery disconnected hoping that a after 24 hours itmight reset itself.

·
Administrator
12,456 Posts
1. Put the CD back.

2. Look behind the glove box in same location CD was and make sure nothing is cut or unplugged.

3. Not sure if there is one on the JK but on the TJ there is a "master" fuse can't Look for that in your fuse box as well, and pull it and let the jeep sit for a few hours. Up next would be to see if its showing any codes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks,
A correction to my previous posts. After getting home from the mall trip, my daughter turned off the engine, then turned the ignition key to aux. The radio started to play and then the started failed to crank (and still doesn't crank). This happened before the glove box was removed (was removed in hopes their was a hiddeen fuse or a wire knocked out of its coupling.
I have an ORBII acutron with very fitting imaginable BUT none will fit the 2007 Rubicon (fits older jeeps, etc.).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The local Dealership fixed the Jeep. The problem was a defective TIPM, The bill, however came to around $550 plus. This amount does not including their towing bill of $150 (I think that's what the service manager told me). The Dealer is less than 13 miles from the house.
Anyhow, I have a case number with the Jeep Regional Customer Care Center - will hear their resolution (if any) sometime on Monday. Meantime, the Jeep is resting confortably at the Dealership.
I REALLY want to thank all of you for your help. Couldn't have done it otherwise. Will get back to you soon as I know te outcome from Jeep's regional office.
Thanks again,
George

1 - 14 of 14 Posts