Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone. I'm trying to start working on my Jeep but I've met some setbacks. I ordered two bumpers, a front and a rear, and I've ended up not being entirely happy with them. There's nothing inherently wrong with them, but I was a little trigger happy with the order button and there are other bumpers that I like more.

I want to get my Jeep looking exactly how I want it to the first time around, so putting stuff on that I've changed my mind about would be very frustrating for me. The bumpers I ordered are RedRock bumpers.

The front bumper has a stinger bar which I've changed my mind about. It also doesn't have fog light holes, which I didn't even think about until it arrived. The rear bumper leaves some of the metal exposed that the factory bumper previously covered. The metal makes a lip that would show with the RedRock bumper, and I'm not happy with that either.

I'm very frustrated with myself for placing the orders and changing my mind, but regardless, I need to return them.

However, Extreme Terrain does not cover shipping costs, naturally, so going with UPS for something like this would cost me literally more than I paid for the bumper. Probably upwards of $600 or more to get them both shipped. Is there any better way I should do this? How would you all suggest I get them back to Extreme Terrain to get my money back? Should I just list it on eBay and pay the discounted shipping price from there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Yeah, I'd probably list on ebay, craigslist, local jeep facebook group, etc.
Just get it out there, anywhere local, with a substantial discount off retail prices.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
..., so going with UPS for something like this would cost me literally more than I paid for the bumper. Probably upwards of $600 or more to get them both shipped.
You're not the first to have buyer's remorse. :beerdrinking:

What most people do, is as @d2mini suggested, sell the bumpers locally. You will loose some money by doing that, but hopefully you will loose less than the :censored: return shipping costs.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Drive them back to ET?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Tell UPS you want to refuse them.
kind of hard to do when he already has them. Not sure that would work even if he did not have them as simply changing ones mind can't be blamed on the seller. Most places and especially venders that ship for free charge for return shipping.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
OP, I have found that if you have a fedex account (it is free) fedex has pretty good rates and they are much cheaper than UPS. Also I have found for big heavy items Old Dominion Freight has good rates but their rates vary depending if you catch them when they have a bit of extra space they are trying to fill.

Reactions: Cruisinfusion

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drive them back to ET?
They're in PA and I'm in LA, so it'd be about a 20 hour drive... That'd be just as much in gas money haha!

Thanks everyone for the input. I think I'm gonna go ahead and list them on eBay since the shipping is very much discounted there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just used Uship.com to get a pair of axles shipped. It's a large pallet with 600lbs of axles/parts, and I only paid $230 through UPS Freight. The quote I got direct from UPS Freight was $600. Might be worth getting an estimate through UShip.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I've sold a lot of parts on Craigslist. No shipping. Local only.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts