Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have a 2006 automatic with only 35k miles on it and i took the shifter cover off to get a piece of metal i accedntly dropped down in it. i put it back on and it was fine for 2 days. (it could just be a coincidence that this happened.) ok so the problem.today i start it up and go to put it in reverse. it goes straight to neutral. i put it in park and turned it off. i think it is still in reverse and i can no longer start it. i think this is because the tranision is still in reverse. any ideas on the problem?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Im not an expert on the 42rle, but did you happen to mess with any of the cables when you took the cover off? It could be something as simple as a missadjusted cable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not an expert on the 42rle, but did you happen to mess with any of the cables when you took the cover off? It could be something as simple as a missadjusted cable.
no ive checked all the cables. A friend i have that works with jeeps said it was the the shifting cable and it snapped when i put it in reverse so now the actual gear is in reverse but i cant move the sifter because the cable is disconnected/stripped. Any body else think this may be the case or maybe know another problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts