Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered me some Rampage H4 headlights from Amazon with some headlight buckets and retainer rings. Everything fits perfectly as a kit but to my surprise, I can't seem to fit it to my Jeep. It looks like Jeeps sold in the Middle East have different headlight sizes compared to the ones in the US.

Looking at the original headlights, they seem a lot smaller

I noticed the headlight buckets are not fitting properly due to a bracket, which obviously doesn't fit this bucket, though it fits the original bucket that is with the old headlights (smaller size).

Do you have the same bracket for your headlights or does the YJ in the US doesn't have that bracket at all? If it does, anyone knows where can I find it as I never saw it on Morris4x4 or Quadratech.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,022 Posts
I don't know which will be cheaper.
You could return the US sized lamps and order the smaller lamps, or you could order the US sized bezels, buckets and hardware and keep the larger lamps.
You'll have to remove the plastic adapters but the mod seems like it's a simple thing to do. You may even be able to order chrome bezels to match your grill.

I suggest checking on the local laws before driving with the larger lamps. Here in the US I don't think any law enforcement officer would notice, but things may be different where you drive.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Looks like you use the smaller 4x6 lights normally used for quad lights here in the US.
As mentioned, check local laws, but may be able to get the bucket, bezel and trim rings for a 5x7. Should be cheaper and easier all around to get the correct ones, though that doesn't always hold true. Once had a motorcycle that was cheaper to install all new lights than it was to buy a replacement bulb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.