Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue where BT works fine, but the USB cable doesn't seem to provide full phone function.

I have a 2013 JKUR that came with 130N with Uconnect/connectivity package. I've used an iP4 and 5 with it with good results both BT and USB. I make calls, stream Pandora, and use Google maps audio thru the jeep system so I can hear calls/direx louder, and for music.

My typical MO is to plug into an apple cable out of the center console USB if I'll be using Google maps, making calls, or driving a long distance. Around town I leave phone in my pocket and hit the aux button to select BT to stream Pan or iTunes music.

Yesterday I got a new iP5 (running 6.1.4, don't know if that was an update) due to hardware issues with the old one. On way home from apple store I deleted the old BT profile, paired new phone, and all was fine for BT. I can also stream music thru USB fine. BUT -- I noticed that phone calls weren't coming thru uconnect when using USB. The option to switch to UConnect doesn't show up in the phone call screen at all. If I hit phone button and say "call X", it says "phone not available". I tried 2 diff USB cables and turning radio/jeep on/off, but haven't tried disconnecting battery yet (will do tmw). Frustrating...

Any suggests before I bring to dealer? Thx much!

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
I just want to make sure that I understand this correctly.
1) You get calls normally when you are streaming BT audio.
2) You don't get the calls when you're plugged into the USB cable and playing music or navigation.
Is this correct?

I'm having an issue where BT works fine, but the USB cable doesn't seem to provide full phone function.

I have a 2013 JKUR that came with 130N with Uconnect/connectivity package. I've used an iP4 and 5 with it with good results both BT and USB. I make calls, stream Pandora, and use Google maps audio thru the jeep system so I can hear calls/direx louder, and for music.

My typical MO is to plug into an apple cable out of the center console USB if I'll be using Google maps, making calls, or driving a long distance. Around town I leave phone in my pocket and hit the aux button to select BT to stream Pan or iTunes music.

Yesterday I got a new iP5 (running 6.1.4, don't know if that was an update) due to hardware issues with the old one. On way home from apple store I deleted the old BT profile, paired new phone, and all was fine for BT. I can also stream music thru USB fine. BUT -- I noticed that phone calls weren't coming thru uconnect when using USB. The option to switch to UConnect doesn't show up in the phone call screen at all. If I hit phone button and say "call X", it says "phone not available". I tried 2 diff USB cables and turning radio/jeep on/off, but haven't tried disconnecting battery yet (will do tmw). Frustrating...

Any suggests before I bring to dealer? Thx much!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, a phone reset seems to have solved it! Will report back if things go south again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts