Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 97 tj and am trying to wire a 99 sahara hard top - my 97 did not come with hard top and i would like to wire it up correctly so everything works and doesnt give problems - i dont think my rear glass has defrost buy i could be wrong - i have a wiper and the light inside though that i really am going to like - my question is will my jeep have the factory connections taped up under the dash or is this going to be a big all day deal - i have not found a wiring diagram but i think the kits come with one or at least good instructions - i think the 99 top will work fine with 97 unless someone knows different - any suggestions on where to buy the harness kit or any other suggestions - also my interior lights on the sound bar have never worked when i open the doors and that stinks so i might try to fix that problem with the interior light in the hard top thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
If yours was a soft top model, there is no wiring installed. You can buy complete mopar hard top wiring kits. I installed the kin in my 03. Jeeps Are Us | OEM Jeep Parts and Accessories has them as well as others. It should be obvious if you have a defrost grid on the rear window. If you do not have a grid, are you sure it is a factory top? If it is a factory top, the 97 kit will plug into it.

For the lights when you open the door, check that fuse 4 is installed behind the glovebox

·
Registered
358 Posts
I installed a used harness when I did mine. Was a bit of a pain but not to bad. The harness plugs in but certain ones you had to splice into power for the switch. (Like mine to power the wiper) you also have to change your wiper tank or add the extra pump to it. My top came off a 97 and mine is a 99. The only difference for me was the rear hole on the d/s and p/s were way off. I just drilled new holes. Couldn't complain because I traded straight across for my softtop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts