Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have opportunity to buy a used lift kit. It is a Teraflex 2.5" with springs and shocks. It was used on a 2dr wrangler for approximately 1 yr. Would there be any concerns buying used lift components other than obvious damage?

Thx

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Not really. Springs do sag over time, but as long as they weren't beat up with a ton of weight they should be alright. Make sure you get all the parts--brake line extensions, bump stops, track bar relocation bracket, mounting hardware, etc.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
MTH said:
Not really. Springs do sag over time, but as long as they weren't beat up with a ton of weight they should be alright. Make sure you get all the parts--brake line extensions, bump stops, track bar relocation bracket, mounting hardware, etc.
All this stuff can be bought separately on eBay if missing.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
kjeeper10 said:
All this stuff can be bought separately on eBay if missing.
No doubt. I guess my point is that you can't know how good the "deal" is if you aren't sure you're getting all the parts.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I personally would avoid buying a used lift kit unless you were very sure it had low miles and was well taken care of. Knowing how fast some of them wear out and how hard people (especially Jeep people) can be on their Jeeps off road, I'd be wary of buying suspension parts used.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I personally would avoid buying a used lift kit unless you were very sure it had low miles and was well taken care of. Knowing how fast some of them wear out and how hard people (especially Jeep people) can be on their Jeeps off road, I'd be wary of buying suspension parts used.
i would agree on trying to buy lower mileage parts. if you're wary of suspension parts because you don't think they'd hold up to wheeling or time, you probably shouldn't even consider that companies parts to begin with. I have no issue buying quality gear, even over a year old, from teraflex or old man emu or any of the other big names. just be sure to check out what people have to say about that companies parts before you buy. some folks, like rough country or pro comp, are known to make cheap parts that just die

1 - 6 of 6 Posts