Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met a local jeeper today and baught his semi used 35 inch wheels and tires. He has a 2008 unlimited rubicon 4.88 gears and e-lockers. He swapped out his factory axels for 60's. He is looking to sell but does not have an idea of value. I have a 2010 unlimited sahara with factory 3.73.

My question to the forum, what would be a fair market price for both of us. Also, i know it would be a good move for me but would i be needing more to complete the swap..

·
Super Moderator
9,574 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a local guy lined up to buy mine off my 14 rubi for 5k when i go to 60's next winter. Mine will be geared 4.88, full artec armor and truss front and rear and reid knuckles. Without truss, armor, and knuckles i would say 4 would be a fair price.

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
I just installed a brand new factory fron Dana 44 Rubicon axle in a buddies jeep yesterday he got it from East Coast Gear Supply was $2200 shipped cross country got it in a less then a week and it was complete lug nuts to lug nuts ready to bolt on including abs sensors and wires. I see a lot of used rubi axles that are going for almost that much. There have been reports of one outfit selling new axles for $1700 but that place did not have the gearing my buddy wanted ready to ship and we are getting ready to go to Moab so he did not want to wait and take a chance of them not getting here..

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
I just installed a brand new factory fron Dana 44 Rubicon axle in a buddies jeep yesterday he got it from East Coast Gear Supply was $2200 shipped cross country got it in a less then a week and it was complete lug nuts to lug nuts ready to bolt on including abs sensors and wires. I see a lot of used rubi axles that are going for almost that much. There have been reports of one outfit selling new axles for $1700 but that place did not have the gearing my buddy wanted ready to ship and we are getting ready to go to Moab so he did not want to wait and take a chance of them not getting here..
That's a pretty good deal.

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
That's a pretty good deal.
It was a 100% bolt on 4 hour job working in my garage. If we would have had a lift it would have been 2 probably. We also spent extra time trying to get his bashed up lower control arm skids to fit on the new control arm brackets (successfully I might add but took some doing). Was delivered well protected on a pallet and was new from the factory. Steering wheel did not even need adjustment when we were done. We finished and looked at each other and said something must be wrong that was way to easy.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
What gears did he get? I do see that Eat Coast has some brand new factory rubicon 44's for 2600 and 200 shipping that include the locker but are just available in the factory 3.73 or 4.10

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
What gears did he get? I do see that Eat Coast has some brand new factory rubicon 44's for 2600 and 200 shipping that include the locker but are just available in the factory 3.73 or 4.10
he wanted 3.73's. He called them and told them about the ebay seller for 1700 and they came down on price. He had very good buying experience with them. The night before I discovered that the front drive shaft was different on the sport and rubicon model so we were scrambling but he was able to call East Cost first thing in the morning and they told him they had just done the same conversion in their shop and that the longer sport ds was not an issue and it would bolt up fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts