Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Over the summer I purchased a used soft top for my 2 door JK but the back window zipper was broken so I couldn't remove it or fold down the top without folding the back window.

For this reason, I bought new fabric and decided to try to sell/give-away the old fabric in case someone needed a soft top that was at-least weather proof. As predicted, I have not been able to get rid of it, so I wanted to see if anyone had a good idea of how I can dispose of it. I am willing to take it to the local dump, but if there is a better way to recycle it or donate it I would much prefer that.

Additionally, if anyone in the Denver area needs a soft-top with a permanent back window it is up for grabs.

Thanks

·
Retired Moderator
100,513 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you have a shop that makes canvas covers for boats in your area they can replace the zipper for a few bucks. They could also make you a new window if that one is all wrinkled up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last One, I actually took it to a local upholstery shop and they said it wouldn't be worth the cost of labor and materials compared to just buying the new fabric and installing myself. I ended up purchasing the SmittyBilt replacement fabric, which was surprisingly high quality for being the cheapest one I could find and I have no regrets.

Kram, if you are willing to meet me somewhere local/come by to pick it up from me I would be more than happy to let you have it for free to get it off my living room floor. Let me know if you want to. I live in the Denver area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts