Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a used warn m8000 winch with synthetic rope. He says that the motor works but the electric connections are fried and needs to be replaced. I know people recommend warn cuz you can rebuild them. What will it to take to rebuild and what would you offer for the winch?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rebuild is simple parts are usually expensive. Call warn directly for prices. Then go from there on making an offer on the winch

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isn't the synthetic rope worth more than $50? I read winch posts and a lot of the advice buy warn since you can rebuild them and they are worth the extra money compared to the throw away chinese made ones. Kind of disheartening that one might now be worth $50.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a picture and his description.
"The contacts on the cables coming out of the control box as well as the contacts need to be replaced (cheap parts, just never took the initiative to get it done). There is a little bit of surface rust on the bottom of the solenoids. Other than that, everything works fine (remote, motor, solenoids are all good as per the last time I tested them).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts