Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Knows a couple things...
49,420 Posts
Pretty useless, especially when facing forward as most people mount them. They actually pick up more air when facing the correct way which is towards the windshield where a high air pressure zone is.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty useless, especially when facing forward as most people mount them. They actually pick up more air when facing the correct way which is towards the windshield where a high air pressure zone is.
had i bought one, i was going to mount it "backwards".. i figured all those guys that designed the "cowl induction" hoods on the muscle cars must know something....

·
Knows a couple things...
49,420 Posts
Cowl induction scoops are positioned much further forward where they are effective, that little HVAC scoop is back much further where it picks up more air when facing the windshield due to high pressure being there. That is why its instructions say to point it towards the windshield. :)

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I have one from the PO. Yes it does increases air flow but it is not necessary. The TJ HVAC and fan works fine. (BTW mine is facing forward)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I have one. I wanted it just for looks. It hasn't "increased A/C performance".

·
Registered
5 Posts
They actually pick up more air when facing the correct way which is towards the windshield where a high air pressure zone is.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had one on my YJ just because I didn't have A/C and it helped with airflow. Also, as stated above, pro-tip is to mount it backwards.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm ok good to know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts