Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased both 303 fabric guard and aerospace protectant. I have been reading/hearing mixed things on the right/wrong way to apply them and also what to use them on. I have read several threads and still a bit confused. Looking for your personal experience with the products on application and what you've had good/bad experiences with them.

My original plan was to use fabric guard on premium soft top and Quadratec Diver Down seat covers (which are neoprone). I recently read that using the fabric guard on neoprone would deteriorate the material...so instead should use the aerospace protectant on the seat covers. Any thoughts on this?

For the premium soft top - what is the best way to apply the 303 fabric guard, and how often? I read to just spray it on, rub excess in with microfiber towel, and make sure to get any overspray on windows or paint off immediately.

For interior parts and bumpers - use 303 aerospace protectant; spray it into a rag and simply wipe the surface, then after a few minutes wipe any excess with a different dry microfiber towel?

So many good reviews on the product but without proper application of it I feel it's pointless. Thanks!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have CoverKing neoprene seat covers and spray them directly with 303 and wipe with microfiber towel.
Seat covers have been on almost two years and no fading. I run topless/doorless every possible chance.

For the bumpers and mirrors I spray on microfiber towel, work into bumper/mirror then wipe with another towel.
I also use it on my interior doors.
Black looks black until you 303 it, then it look's deep black.

I can't speak for the soft top, I have a hard top.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have CoverKing neoprene seat covers and spray them directly with 303 and wipe with microfiber towel.
Seat covers have been on almost two years and no fading. I run topless/doorless every possible chance.

For the bumpers and mirrors I spray on microfiber towel, work into bumper/mirror then wipe with another towel.
I also use it on my interior doors.
Black looks black until you 303 it, then it look's deep black.

I can't speak for the soft top, I have a hard top.
-Were you using the fabric guard or the aerospace protectant on your seat covers?

Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts