Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought me a Redline Power Chip from eBay for Christmas that taps into the Mass Airflow Temp. Sensor, I noticed abit of a gain in horsepower. My question is... Can I use that chip and still use a Jet Stage 2 Kit like this one www.4wd.com/Jeep-Parts-Tops-and-Accessories/PART90017S.aspx along with it? I'm trying to squeeze as much power outta my little 4-banger as I possibly can.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,853 Posts
I'd like to see dyno proof from before and after of the actual gain you received. Then I will still tell you not to double stack chips. Then I will tell you to uninstall the redline chip. Then tell you to regear for more power. :)

·
Registered
678 Posts
I agree with Mr.Clifford you do not stack chips, but if your going to use one I would use the jet chip because it probabably has a better tune. And again as Mr.Clifford said you will be better of re-gearing. I had a mustang with lots of bolt on upgrades that I spent lots of money on full exhaust, intake pulleys TB, Tuner, the biggest gain I seen was the $130 I spent on gears and the $170 on the posi.

·
Registered
407 Posts
More power you're looking for? No need to regear until you do the lift and the bigger tires, but then you will want to do that to regain power. SE's come with 4.10's in them.

However, for your current situation.....go to the junk yard and pull a throttle body off of a 4.0. Slap that on your 4 banger and you'll have a noticable gain in the upper gears.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for input guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts