Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the stock reverse lights with some high powered LEDs. Has anyone installed a switch to turn them on besides having to put the gear in reverse? How can I go about accomplishing this? I want to utilize the light when camping. I have a 6 speed.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I find a head light works way better without disturbing the neighbours. Super bright LEDS in camp is like the monster Class As that run genets and air 24/7.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Lights don't stay on? With the key on? In reverse? I thought they would and planned to use them in camp for cooking on the tailgate table... I might do the dome led instead, but they shut off after a couple of minutes.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Would it not be easier to install some non-switched rear (flood) lights?

I'm on ebay right now pricing a single LED cube flood to use as a rear/get off my ass light.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Would it not be easier to install some non-switched rear (flood) lights? I'm on ebay right now pricing a single LED cube flood to use as a rear/get off my ass light.
Also doing this.. Wondering where the best place to mount it would be. without having to worry about backing into a tree and smashing it

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've been looking for LED reverse bulbs to replace the oem bulbs but can't find any part numbers... Can anybody provide me with a link?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, just don't get run over in the dark and left out there while your dog is in the tent with your spouse. Run a fused wire from a spare slot in the fuse box to the rear. Use a small LED and don't forget to set the hand brake.

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I wired in what I call the "a$$hole button" on the back of my center console. I have some aftermarket LED bulbs in the taillights and I have LED bars mounted inside the rear bumper, so if someone won't stop tailgating me, they get flashed. The wiring was just a single wire from the power source for the reverse lights that I ran to the switch then back to the lights. Super simple!

As for the really bright LED bulbs, I have SUPER good luck with the Putco Plasma LEDs.

I have the brake, reverse, and front turn signal bulbs from these guys. I haven't put resistors in to stop the hyperblink yet, but at least it hyperblinks on both sides and not just one!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts