Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m putting my four kids in the Jeep and heading to Uwharrie on May 4th. Anyone care to meet up? Starting on easy trails and working my way up to Dickie Bell if the weather is dry enough. Staying away from Daniel and Dutch John. Don’t want to have to tow my rig out with all my kids.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I wish I could meet you out there, but I’ll be out of town. I’m going to try and go this weekend. Hopefully the weather holds out. Have fun on the 4th

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well crap. Go figure, turns out I can’t do it that day. My kids have a track meet that day so I’ll have to reschedule. Trail days always fall behind everything else on the priority list

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Heading there with a group this weekend also. Sorry but have other plans on the 4th.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I'll be there a long weekend July 4-7.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
I’ve just started researching this area...looks cool, not TOO far from me...anyone find any good maps online? Most that I have found seem old (although they may still be valid(?)..

·
Registered
180 Posts
That map is also an old one. It works but it can get confusing as some of the trail number have changed and it’ll make you think twice about what trail your on. I haven’t been able to find one online, a buddy gave me a hard map a couple of months ago that I use now. I’ll probably head to uwharrie one of those days. Also trying to go this Sunday Maybe. Undecided...

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
That's a really old map. Here is one that is pretty up to date.

Rocky Mountain Loop from Slab Pile to Sawmill is permanently closed, which includes Kodak Rock. Saw Mill has a couple of technical sections that it never had before, Dickey Bell has one very technical section that could be very difficult for a stock vehicle and the Dutch John Hill Climb had a washout earlier in the year, making that section very difficult. I can send the file I have which is as up to date as you can get now.

Dickey Bell is one of the trails in the Jeep Badge of Honor if you care about that.

Several of us from my club are going on the 30th if you want to meet up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
That's a really old map. Here is one that is pretty up to date.

Rocky Mountain Loop from Slab Pile to Sawmill is permanently closed, which includes Kodak Rock. Saw Mill has a couple of technical sections that it never had before, Dickey Bell has one very technical section that could be very difficult for a stock vehicle and the Dutch John Hill Climb had a washout earlier in the year, making that section very difficult. I can send the file I have which is as up to date as you can get now.

Dickey Bell is one of the trails in the Jeep Badge of Honor if you care about that.

Several of us from my club are going on the 30th if you want to meet up.
I didn't know it was that outdated. Usually just looked at where the trails went and not the numbers or difficulty. lol Thanks for the update. Probably on Carolina Beach the 29 & 30 for some cornhole between two jeep groups.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the updated map! Btw, any of y’all follow the Jeep groups on Facebook, ie wicked jeeps, infidel jeeps?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I'm in Raleigh Wrangler Enthusiasts and RTP Offroad Club.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the updated map! Btw, any of y’all follow the Jeep groups on Facebook, ie wicked jeeps, infidel jeeps?
It seems easy to collect FB Jeep groups.lol In the Wilmington area I am active in Salty Crawlers & Cape Fear Off Road. Both are small groups of around 30. In the area there is also Wilmington 4X4 that is fun to follow and for entertainment Carolina Beach Idiot Spotter. Jeepers United is a larger group of over 3,000 that used to be great until the snowflakes started moderating it. Now mostly posts welcoming new members, "I spotted you" pics, & stuff for sale. In the last few weeks I was joined in Wicked Jeeps. I think they are growing because it said they have 90 new members in the past 2 weeks. This weekend, they are having a meet & greet, so I might catch up with them. Then there are a few other groups that post every few months. I just moved to Laurinburg and wanting to meet some local jeepers, but don't see many jeeps in the area.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Geez, didn’t realize there were so many groups in NC. It seems dependent on where your located. Wicked jeeps seemed heavy at one point when I joined but then really died down. Your right though, they have been very active in the past few months after switching some stuff up.

·
Registered
180 Posts
“This weekend, they are having a meet & greet, so I might catch up with them. “

Ya saw that yesterday on the facebooks. Unfortunately I won’t be able to wheel til Sunday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im in Roxboro, been talking with a couple of groups, but didn't know of any real close to me. I think my and my family (wife and 3 y/o) are headed to Uwharrie Saturday.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I didn't know it was that outdated. Usually just looked at where the trails went and not the numbers or difficulty. lol Thanks for the update. Probably on Carolina Beach the 29 & 30 for some cornhole between two jeep groups.
I'm sure you know that Saw Mill moved because of the rifle range folks sometimes shooting over our heads years back. Took Saw Mill off the top of the mountain and placed it down in the valley.

One big change I recently noticed is that Rocky Mtn Loop (north/top) no longer goes to Kodac Rock. Instead it connects directly to Saw Mill to take you down to Slab Pile Trail now. Then Slab Pile takes the place of the southern part of Rocky mtn loop (Southern section of Rocky Mtn Loop is closed as well). So there is noway except to walk to get up to Kodac Rock. I won't get into the details as to why, here. You probably know anyway.
I had to study the new map as I thought I was losing my mind....

JUST BE SURE to stop in for ya pass and get an updated map in the Eldorado Outpost. I tell ya, it was hard for me to even notice the changes on the map Was happy to the new Saw Mill is starting to get a little personality now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts