Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I know there's plenty of threads but I would like recommendations for a v8 swap in my 2.4. I'm in California so in other to be legal it has to be same or newer year. I have the 2.4 2006 se wrangler. Has a ford 8.8 in the rear so it should be fine for a swap. I have a cousin who is a mechanic and has done swaps before but I would like a recommendation from the jeep community. Thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
See my build thread...I used a low mileage 08 truck Hemi and it is CARB certified 50 state legal. PM me if you've got any particuliar questions..

Two things though...BE SURE to check current laws for conversions..there were some changes made in August 2011 that mention age and mileage of the vehicle. Also..the 06 4 cyl is an ideal candidate for a Hemi conversion. The fuel, EVAP and dash cluster can all be left untouched and will work as is.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
5.3 is a great option.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you have the tools and time and do it yourself...count on about $7-9k..there are lots of things that will add or subtract from the overall cost....initial cost of motor/ trans...how much you farm out etc...a hard dollar price is very difficult to estimate for the DIY...

·
Vendor
6,288 Posts
If you have the tools and time and do it yourself...count on about $7-9k..there are lots of things that will add or subtract from the overall cost....initial cost of motor/ trans...how much you farm out etc...a hard dollar price is very difficult to estimate for the DIY...
Just read through your entire build thread. Very nicely done.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just read through your entire build thread. Very nicely done.
Thanks...it was a lot of work but we had a good time doing it...and it was worth every dime spent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts