Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a question for you.
the local 4x4 shop owner i have been dealing with (great guy) has a ford 5.0 he built with really low miles he could sell me for $1200 and do the swap work for @$3500 anybody seen or know of a 5.0 swap? good or bad deal?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I would find out if $4700 is for everything including the tranny, any adaptors plates, hoses, drivelines, exhaust, wiring, dash gauges, etc.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he said i wouldn't need the 5.0 tranny but he has one if i want it.. it is fuel injected i'm pretty sure. and the 4700 would be everything out the door

·
Registered
8,397 Posts

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Another consideration is emissions. If you are required to pass it, just be sure what you are installing is going to pass for your year TJ. As an example, your TJ is a 2002 (based on previous posts), emissions of a Ford 5.0 from the 80's may not simply pass.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok guys i think I'm going with a chevy 350.. got a good price on a engine, tranny, and transfer case.. she be done next week :dance:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Make sure you check the gauges to see if there is anything you need on that end as well and cheers, good find.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts