Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im planning a v8 swap, wondering what radiators people use when the swap in a V8, i have asked people before but have no answer

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a v8 swap planned also and will try the 6 cylinder radiator with a high flow water pump and a electric pusher fan to see if she keeps her cool....fingers crossed :popcorn:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I really dont think the stock rad will handle the v8. I know advance adaptors has one. There are others. Not sure which one i am using yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
have a 5.7 chevy in my jeep, had the stock radiator in it for a little bit till i blew an end tank off. i am running a be cool radiator, it is a strait drop in no modification needed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah my 350 is'nt stock either its pushing 380 horse so i dont think the stock rad will handle it, how much was the BECOOL rad?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I got a 350 in mine and am running novaks aluminum radlock radiator with the integrated aluminum shroud and the heavy duty 3800cfm electric fan the setup will support up to 500hp needless to say I have zero heating issues. Its a really nice piece the way it mounts is it has these brackets with rubber pads on them that basically pinch the aluminum tanks on the side of the radiator so when Im wheeling and banging rocks and stuff the jarring is a lot less stress on the radiator I highly suggest it. But its also about a grand...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts