Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know any spots besides GWNF to do some riding?

Trying to put together a trip for this weekend or next week, also wanna find some god mudding spots (ive never been and really want to go)

·
Registered
115 Posts
winter trail closures eliminate alot of gw forest. most of the decent gw trails are west of harrisonburg va. from dc to harrisonburg would take you about 2.5 to 2.75 hours and to rausch creek it would take you about 3 hrs.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
peters mill and taskers are closed during the winter?

i would love to make the long hauls out there but I usually dont have the option because i live alone and dont want to leave my dog for the day (or really pay for a tank each direction if there is something closer)

·
Registered
115 Posts
peters mill/taskers closes on the 16th. the comfort inn at rausch creek allows pets. and they can ride with you at the park as well. they just have to be on a leash when out of the jeep. lots of people bring them along.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might look into that. There's a trip one of these upcoming weekends. Do you know the address of that holiday inn

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crozet is having an open wheeling weekend next weekend, i think im going to try for that--i dont have any friends that go offroading so idk if rausch word work

·
Registered
32 Posts
FYI cv4wa.com has a group of jeeps out of lynchburg that rides on leased property several times a year. Might try to get on the mailing list to get notified of events. We meet once a month and open to the public several times a year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts