Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am moving to the Fairfax, VA area in the net few months and I know I have to get the safety inspection on my Jeep. I was wondering anyone knew a decent shop near me that will do a good inspection without being overly stringent?

I don't have any huge things, I just don't want some guy coming back telling me I'm within a micron on every little detail.

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Generally the independent shops are more reasonable to deal with than the big chains. That being said, they're not going to let anything slide that will endanger their inspection license.

Make sure ALL of your lights work, wipers and horn work, your brakes are good, and your tires have good tread. For the most part the inspection laws are reasonable as long as you are - the main goal is to make sure the vehicle is safe to drive. Also in NOVA you'll need an emissions inspection so factor that in as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mopar,

First off, welcome to Fairfax. How's the transition been from Chicago to the DMV?

In terms of a good place for state inspection, though I'm assuming you've found something by now, I take my cars to Capital Car Care in Springfield (just off Braddock road right before it crosses over 495.

They're a family-run shop and the owner drives a pretty nice JKU...so he's Jeep friendly.

In terms of inspection, they're pretty easy going. As long as you don't have any MAJOR issues, you shouldn't have any problems passing. They're honest and fair.

I will say, they're pretty busy, so bring it in at least a couple days before you need the inspection done, or get there as soon as they open at 6:30 am so they can squeeze you in quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts