Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the vacume switch located on the transfer of a 1993 wrangler with the 4.0and 5 speed ??? Drivers side or pass sife and is it to the front of the transfer or rear ?? Is it easyer to get to it with the shifting cover offof the floor boards to replace ??? As you might have guessed I didn't look at it yet or crawl under to see where it is !!! Just thought I might get some input here !!! Thanks in advance ...Jerry

·
Registered
427 Posts
Drivers side on top of the transfer case. You'll see 4 vacuum lines going to it. I replaced mine from underneath. Pretty easy, just awkward to get a wrench in there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my 90 yj I believe the switch was located on the drivers side. It is better accessed towards the front of the case.

There was no need to remove any covers, I simply unplugged the "hose harness" and then unscrewed the switch (All 4 hoses come out at the SAME time, no need to disconnect them individually). It was a little of a pain to reach at first due to the skid plate, but with a little patience I managed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks Guy's, really appreciate this !!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well put it in, took about 1/2 hr. prolly the easiest fix I ever had on a jeep ...
thanks for your input was very much appreciated !!!
Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts