Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a vacuum gauge this week to fill a hole I cut for a previous project and to help with my driving style / gas milage.

Looking at my readings, do I have a leak? I took the picture at idle when warm. Usually I am seeing 16-17 at idle and the needle is quivering.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Knows a couple things...
49,389 Posts
It's normal for the vacuum to quiver a bit since there are 4-6 cylinders creating it. Vacuum is at its highest at idle and decreases dramatically under acceleration.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I am wrong, but I was under the impression that a good vacuum reading for sea level would be closer to 20 hg. (I hope I'm wrong!)

·
Knows a couple things...
49,389 Posts
Your vacuum is likely fine but if you want, you can buy a can of throttle body cleaner and spray all the vacuum lines and connections see if the engine rpms change/stumble at any of the points you sprayed which would indicate a leak.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your vacuum is likely fine but if you want, you can buy a can of throttle body cleaner and spray all the vacuum lines and connections see if the engine rpms change/stumble at any of the points you sprayed which would indicate a leak.
Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts