Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm back again asking for help...

I was having problems for awhile with my Jeep stalling randomly, and finally did a swap out of the Carb to a Weber 32/36 with the help of a few co workers.

After doing so, I happened to notice that there were a lot more inlets on the carb than I had hoses to plug into, and as such I finally looked up a diagram of the vacuum system online...turns out I'm missing...most of it.

The only two lines I have connected are one that comes off of the distributor, and a single line out of the PCV valve on the front of the valve cover.

To make matters worse, the PCV air in has been replaced with a generic valve cover breather similar to one of these

Right now my goal is to just replace the PCV Air in, and the lines going to/from the Carb, but the diagram is a bit...overwhelming so I was hoping to get some help from folks here on exactly what I'm looking at and where I'm looking, along with where to get the PCV air in piece to replace the valve cover breather on there now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
the breather vent (the one you posted a link to) on the valve cover is fine. if your PCV valve is in working order to sounds like it is hooked up correctly. if your ECM is still hooked up that could be causing the stall. have you done the Nutter bypass? if so you can get rid of about 90% of that crap (that is if you don't have to worry about emissions testing). I took one look at the vacuum diagram and thought to myself fu** this sh** did the Nutter bypass, ordered a carb and gutted the beast. I've got some post bypass info that I can email you with breakdowns of how the new vacuum system should be set up super simple

1 - 2 of 2 Posts