Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found where a vacuum line went, and can't find any loose. It's located towards the front of the engine on the side of the intake manifold. any ideas? (2000 - 4.0 - sport)

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I think that one goes to the evap system.:D

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I still have that black wire cover? in the way of mine, but all I saw were the 2 next to it. One goes to that black box all the way to the right in your picture (some kinda of MAF sensor?) and the other goes up to the firewall and splits.

Dont see another nipple, but like I said, my jeeps normal and I can only find two. I certainly cannot find the third nipple on my Jeep. Is that a good thing?

:D

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
The red and blue go to the evap system one to the sensor the other to the leak detection pump.The green goes to the firewall and is for the HVAC system.:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

by the pic, it seems I'm missing all in the blue lines. What you see in my original photo above is all that is next to the black box (which has one vac line connected to it)....what am I missing?.....how important is it?......and what do I do with the vac leak until I get the rest of it......remember your dealing with a noob here...:D

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Thats the leak detection pump.This is for emissions.Did they move it on your year?:confused:

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I think you are missing it you should look into this.Sombody else will know.:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

here's a photo of what I have, or don't have

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
you can tell it's missing because the top hole on the black box is plugged.:mad:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is it one unit?......or seperate parts?.....and cost?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Thats weird why would a 99 have the pump and 2000 not have it?:confused:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks like mine should have had it........but don't :)

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
maybe they designed something that takes its place? the pic i saw above i'm like wtf is that thing since i dont remember seeing it on my red.

Theoldone whats your idle speed with it open?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
havnt checked the rpm, but a pretty good drop, and seems to idle smoother with it closed. havn't tried driving it with it closed to check preformance closed either.......don't know if I should plug it or leave it open.....runs fine like it is....I'll try the other way tomorrow eve...... I know it has enough suction to just about pull your finger in it.....:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
You need to plug it at least untill you figure it out. Vac leaks are not good.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
mines is just like yours and the only difference i visually see is the color.. Mine is pluged..it's not suppose to be open just like that i'm guessing the old one slipped of on accident while wiping the intake manifold. Junk can get in/through there. If you want to live it open i'd at least recomend putting a little filter on there..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I'll try it completly plugged, then if performance is effected, I'll filter it.....still need to find out what it does, and/or if it needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
I'm guessing its a manifold that they never bothered to redo.. its a plug for something extra but since the 00 model doesnt need that (so it seems) they just left it there and pluged it since it's cheaper to use the same old tamplets and also if a vacume source is needed that can be used since its free. It preatty much just has a hole that allows unmeasured and unfiltered air to enter the cylinders when its unpluged. I dont think it will affect much performance.. i believe idle will be the big affect because it allows unmeasured air to enter so it doenst add the fuel.. maybe i'll do that to mine too so it lower the fuel going to the engine at idle.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts