Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since a PO pulled so much stuff off/out, I'm curious if I have all the vacuum lines re-connected correctly from the engine rebuild. All I have is

1: from the intake

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
theres a vacuum diagram in this thread.
Nutter Bypass and Vacuum Lines

this is after the nutter bypass, I see an offenhauser manifold so I assume your motor has been modified. if you post a pick of the motor or tell us whats been done we'll be able to answer your question better.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The engine has a 8007 4160 Holley and all of the computer electronics removed. A new HEI distributor has been installed. No evidence of the Nutter can be found. Original (rebuilt) 4.2.

I'm having a hard time setting the timing and wanted to rule out any vacuum issues.

Thanks for the response:)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
the HEI eliminates the nutter. all you need is a basic vacuum system like in the link I posted. I have the same setup as you with the 390 holley. the only vacuum line in your pics that I have is the one coming out of the intake, it goes to the heater control in the cab. I did away with the others you show as they are part of the old emission system.
the other lines I have are the PVC line from valve cover to adapter at the base of the carb.
vac line from manifold to brake booster. vacuum line from carb manifold vacuum port to distributor, thats it.
you might also have the vapor canister, ( I don't ) the vacuum lines for it are shown in one of the diagrams.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
You can loose those two yellow guys. They are now non-functional.
Does that manifold vacuum line got directly to that blue thing? That's the 4wd light switch and that hook up will keep your light on.

Here is how the 4wd harness is supposed to run...

·
Super Moderator
11,349 Posts
This thing I've been curious about. Mines plugged. I think it controls the shift indicator light on the dash for manuals. Is that correct?
Yes, that's the switch that lights the dash 4X4 light on 1987-1991 YJs. 1992 and newer have the switch on the axle CAD. It may be that the changeover to locating the switch to the CAD occurred in 1990 rather than 1991. Posters with 1991 YJs should chime in to clarify where their 4X4 dash light switch is located.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: Roy123

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, that's the switch that lights the dash 4X4 light on 1987-1991 YJs. 1992 and newer have the switch on the axle CAD. It may be that the changeover to locating the switch to the CAD occurred in 1990 rather than 1991. Posters with 1991 YJs should chime in to clarify where their 4X4 dash light switch is located.

Good Luck, L.M.
Oh that makes sence. The PO of my 89 yj installed a posi lock so that units been disabled. I actually thought that was the vacuum switch that controls that annoying light that tells you to shift gears lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts