Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had my Jeep on the lift trying to see what all I'd need to do when I do my lift. I saw what looks like maybe the vacuum pump mounted behind the front bumper attached in the area of the front sway bar. Is this the vacuum pump or for the electronic sway bar disconnect? It looks like when I do the lift it will change the sway bar angle and push the pump into the bumper...will I need sway bar extension links or need to move the pump?

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
The vacuum pump is vertically attached to the inside corner of the driver's side frame rail. The e-disco motor for the sway bar is on the sway bar itself.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SilverSport said:
The vacuum pump is vertically attached to the inside corner of the driver's side frame rail. The e-disco motor for the sway bar is on the sway bar itself.
Can I/Do I need to relocate the motor for the disconnect? It looks like if the sway bar gets angled down it'll push it into the bumper.

I've also heard that when putting on the lift you replace the rear sway bars with the ones in the kit and move the stock rear sway bars to the front. Would that fix the problem? Only doing a 2.5 spacer

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Can I/Do I need to relocate the motor for the disconnect? It looks like if the sway bar gets angled down it'll push it into the bumper.

I've also heard that when putting on the lift you replace the rear sway bars with the ones in the kit and move the stock rear sway bars to the front. Would that fix the problem? Only doing a 2.5 spacer
Yes, new ones on the rear, stock rears on the front. Won't push the motor into the bumper. All the longer links in front are doing is compensating for the lift. No worries.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts