Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here been to this area and seen these trees?

Thinking about a day trip, but it may be too late in the season due to fire season closures.

I'm also reading up on a drive to Lake Quinault.

I've seen the Giant Sequoias and the Redwoods in California. Now I'm looking at what is in Oregon and Washington that can be seen by hiking a reasonable length trail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been there several times. It's closed during the summer for fire season, but should be open now. It's a fairly easy drive to get there, but you'll want to make sure you have a decent map.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. With more reading it seems the roads in are only open to the public on the weekends during daylight hours. Also, the drive in should be from the east out of Falls City instead of where Google maps would have me enter from Grand Ronde. Others have written that the route from the west out of Lincoln City is also closed more often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the reply. With more reading it seems the roads in are only open to the public on the weekends during daylight hours. Also, the drive in should be from the east out of Falls City instead of where Google maps would have me enter from Grand Ronde. Others have written that the route from the west out of Lincoln City is also closed more often.
Yes, the roads are typically closed on weekdays due to log truck traffic. We've always gone in from the Falls City side, but have also gone out via the Lincoln City route twice.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, I hope that when I get there I have that option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts