Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at this cool little DJ. I don't know anything about these. He says this one runs well, just has some battery issues (needs a replacement).

Assuming there isn't a lot of rust or anything, what's the going rate for one of these in solid drivable condition?

Thanks!

Embedding pics won't work, so here are links

https://imgur.com/Frbn43Y
https://imgur.com/mav1lq2

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I wouldent think it would be worth much maybe $300 if it's in good shape. There is really nothing you can do with them they are not good for much.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldent think it would be worth much maybe $300 if it's in good shape. There is really nothing you can do with them they are not good for much.
Wow, really? Only $300?
Thought it would be a cool jeep to drive around town in. Obviously not go off roading with it or anything.

Thought parting it out would be worth at least 1200 or so

·
Registered
68 Posts
$300 is ridiculous, surely that was a joke. I see them going for an easy 1500 or more in the shape you describe around here. They are still desired by rural carriers if no one else.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Death traps.

Prone to roll VERY little effort required. Mushy front ends. They'er alright low speed. Just be sure to seriously slow your speed when approaching corners or hairpin curves on mountain roads.

·
Super Moderator
10,301 Posts
Many years ago you could buy surplus PO Jeeps for $500.00-$800.00.
I thought a $500.00 PO Jeep with an AMC Eagle drivetrain from a wreck might be something fun and affordable.

Then I started researching what it would take. I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid.
I ended up with a series of Toyotas.

If I had kids living at home I might give them a PO Jeep to drive down to the school bus stop. They'd have a way to get to the bus stop without me driving them and a warm place to wait for the bus. I wouldn't put license plates on it.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts